MERCURE. - Mercure Sydney

ACCORHOTELS COMMUNITY

You have questions about the features of this hotel ? Need help or advice ? Ask your questions to the community!

Poser votre question

JackLi76

Train station + Reduced mobility

Hello all, I'm going in this hotel for 2 nights, can I go walk to the train station ? Isn't too far ?
Is The hotel accessible to people with reduced mobility ? Thanks a lot !
Have a great weekend

il y a 4 mois | 1

12Answers

Type in your answer here!

• chez43226231

Hello, yes it is very close, max 5 min. I believe access is possible because there are lifts on each platform, extra large gates and staff at the gates. They do have train access using a portable ramp . If I remember well you have to talk iadv to a staff so that staff wait for you at arrival station also. Enjoy your trip.

il y a 4 mois | 0

• gemg16315544

Hi, yes the train station is right across the road. Hotel is easy to get around, ramps or stairs and elevators easy to access.

il y a 4 mois | 0

• pip364112214

The hotel is built next to the station and is easily accessable to the station . Disability access to both hotel and station is available.

il y a 4 mois | 0

• tere31341236

It depends on how disabled you'are; the streets and pathways are very busy and you must negociate stairs. I had tendinitis in the heel and found it reasonably difficult, but never the less managed. If I remember rightly there are shortcuts. With a GPS on your mobile, you will get a good idea of the routes to take.

il y a 4 mois | 0

• medi22616352

Bonjour. Sry convenient that is the most convenient hotel from central station 5 to 10 mn walking distance

il y a 4 mois | 0

• bmla33611466

It is within walking distance. On my last visit, the station was being re-modelled. Do ask a local for advice on best route for you. Enjoy...a welcoming, friendly hotel.

il y a 4 mois | 0

• venc13621234

Sure, you can go walk to the train station, it’s very near, may be only 100 metres. The location is very strategic.

il y a 4 mois | 0

• lill36633261

I am vision impaired (white cane) and the walk from Central Station is no more than 10 minutes. However, the hotel entrance near to the bus stops have dangerous stairs down into the reception area. You will need to walk around to the taxi entrance for easy access

il y a 4 mois | 0

• sing42456342

the hotel is on your left as you leave the station, not far and I think you can see the hotel sign from there

il y a 4 mois | 0

• jkin65223464

Train station is very close, about a 5 minute walk

il y a 3 mois | 0

• pwit32243655

It's very important to take the elevator at the platform end that is furthest from the city, because there is a pedestrian tunnel that goes under all the tracks, and comes out right across from the Mercure -- I think it is the Southern Concorse. If you go to the other lift, the walk is quite long to get to the Mercure. Mercure is accessible for reduced mobility, but you must walk to the entrance on Little Regent Street and enter via the main doors

il y a 3 mois | 0

• ian.56362313

Hi there.

The hotel is very close to the train station and you do not need to cross any busy roads. On my last visit there was a ramp access to the reception area.

il y a 3 mois | 0

Type in your answer here!

Ask your question

QUESTIONS LES PLUS DEBATTUES

MOST RECENT QUESTIONS

By using this website, I acknowledge having read and accepted the General terms of use of the Accorhotels Community.   Your personal information are intended for Accor SA and its contractors and are necessary to your participation in the community. They are not shared with other members of the community. Messages are published under an automatically generated nickname. To exert your data access, modification or suppression rights, you can write to data.privacy@accor.com.