Chloé5555
Chloé5555

Room

The at
6 answers
Hello, My husband and I are taking some day off in Melbourne, we want to get the luxury room, is it worth it ? is there any extra services for getting this room ? what about the view ? it its really important for us, thanks for helping
6answers
fweb34251532
fweb34251532The at
If it's a special event I would recommend a Junior Suite. It's huge corner room, open plan with lounge area and the best bathroom in the hotel, large with separat bath and huge walk-in shower. All rooms are above level 35 (office floors below) so all have views. Rooms on western corner are to be avoided as they lack privacy due to facing 2nd tower next door. Junior suites face away from that 2nd tower. Restuarant "Level 35" is quality and convenient with great views. Breakfast is also served there and I often get internet deals direct with hotel where the B/F is a $1 add-on versus the standard $45. I use the "Club" when I need business meetings but for personal stays with my wife the Junior suite is perfect. Cost will all depend on your timing, it varies on occupancy rates, shop the Sofitel's internet reservations and you may get good deals. I've also been offered half price "standby" upgrade for better rooms (like the Junior Suite) and/or Club access after I have booked and these often come through when I check-in.
roke36564441
roke36564441The at
All of the rooms have great views because the hotel is situated so high up but a lot of the rooms offer access to the executive lounge which also has excellent views along with their restaurant. I think staying at the hotel is a lovely experience. Some of the rooms particularly on the corners of the building are larger and the highest of the rooms can also see over Port Philip Bay. You should not be disappointed. I have found the staff to be lovely .
jean61664365
jean61664365The at
This is a lovely hotel, the views from up high are fabulous! A luxury room depends on which one. Tell them what you want they are very kind. If you are a member you also get upgrades. Suites and mini suites are gorgeous!
josh34654124
josh34654124The at
Luxury Club Room is worth it. You get the use of the club lounge and pre dinner drinks and canapes for 7 hours. If you ask for a room with bay views they will usually allocate you a room for this view.I say here a lot for work and the hotel will always try to go above and beyond.
rcdu54432146
rcdu54432146The at
There are better 5 star hotels than the Sofitel it’s in desperate need of renovation
roge43615254
roge43615254The at
Splash out on Club access. We find it great value, rather than the room. Only qualifier is you need to be in Club for breakfast, evening drinks and quality eats. If you are out of hotel most of the day, it may not suit.